Omnisend is an Ecommerce email marketing, automated emails, SMS & push notifications platform that helps you increase your sales without increasing your workload. With the current integration with Rush, you can use smart-triggered shipping notifications through Omnisend to maximize your ROI, build retention & lower your customers' support tickets on the fly.
Before you start
You need to create an API key.
To do so, go to https://app.omnisend.com/#/my-account/integrations/api-keys, and follow the steps:
1. Click the button "CREATE API KEY +"
2. Fill the fields, as shown below, and save.
3. Copy the API key.
Now that we have the key, let's add it inside the Rush app, so Rush can transfer all shipment events to Omnisend.
Setup Omnisend Integration in Rush app
Go to Rush > Settings, and make sure you have Omnisend available.
Click on the "Activate" button, then click on the "Configure" button.
And fill in the details.
Inside the API key, you need to paste the copied API key in step 3.
Before saving, select all events and click the Send random event button. This will send all selected events to Omnisend and it will ease your configuration.
Do not worry, all events are sent to a DEMO user with an email
[email protected]. No events will be sent to customers.
After you pick which events you want to receive, click on the Save configuration button. That's all.
If you entered the key correctly, you will be able to see new Rush triggers, starting with RUSH_*
What kind of information (events) we're sending to Omnisend? (keep reading below)
For each event we are sending the following information:
- Customer information provided by Shopify;
- Tracking Information related to custom tracking page;
- Last checkpoint of shipment delivery status;
- Shipment address;
- Order information provided by Shopify;
- Carrier information and its tracking details if you want to utilize native;
Here you'll find a brief explanation of all events that Rush is sending to Omnisend.
These events can be used for Automation Flows as Trigger Filters (examples will be provided below)
- New Order - New Shopify order without a tracking number. Meaning it's still not fulfilled.
- New Shipment - New shipment with valid tracking code added;
- New Checkpoint - New shipment checkpoint; Example: Shipments are moving from one city to another.
- New Shipment Status - Any shipment status or sub-status change e.g. from Pending to In-Transit to Out For Delivery to Delivered etc.
- Possible Delay - Based on Country-to-country shipment average delivery days (based on the shipping carrier as well). If the shipment is not marked as delivered and is past the average delivery times, an event is triggered. This event is triggered to proactively let customers know that their shipment is having a slight delay.
- Left Origin Country - If you're shipping International from China to the USA, the moment the shipment is leaving the origin country, Rush will send an event to Omnisend, which can be used for email campaigns (sequences)
- Arrived at Destination Country - Sent if the shipment is international (Cross-country) e.g. USA to Germany. The moment the shipment enters the final country destination, we're getting an update.
The above Events are coming with Shipping Statuses & Shipping Sub-Statuses for each shipment, which are powerful segmentation triggers for Omnisend Flows. (example below)
- Status: Delivered -
At Front Door -
At Mailbox -
At Parcel Locker -
At PO Box -
At Agent -
At Address -
At Pickup Location -
Manually Marked -
- Status: Out For Delivery -
- Status: In Transit -
"In Transit" Sub-statutes:
At Customs -
Released From Customs -
In Carrier -
At Destination City -
Carrier Processing -
- Status: Pending -
No Tracking Information -
Preparing Shipment -
Waiting for Details -
Awaiting Shipment -
- Status: Failed Attempt -
"Failed Attempt" Sub-statuses:
No Access -
Not Secure Location -
Invalid Address -
Animal Interference -
- Status: Exception -
Carrier Not Found -
Invalid Tracking Code -
Carrier Service Error -
Invalid Tracking Information -
Delivery Refused -
Package Disposal -
Returning Package -
Shipping Carrier Respond Error -
- Status: Waiting for Delivery -
"Waiting for Delivery" Sub-statuses:
Schedule Delivery -
Requested Wait -
- Status: Expired - expired
Tracking Cancelled -
No New Checkpoints -
- Status: Pickup Ready - pickup
(mostly used by the Australian Post Service)